Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting over it

This phrase means a lot of things to me right now:
- I'm sick and don't seem to be getting over it;
- One of my best friends for nearly 4 years is getting married this weekend and I wasn't invited because we haven't talked much in the last 2, and I need to get over it;
- I've let dozens of close friends go because I'm too self-absorbed in making sure my life is where I want it to be, that now that it is, I don't have anyone to share it with. I need to get over it;
- The love of my life is more wrapped up in his job than he is with me. I need to get over it, or move on;


All of these things are getting to me, and I'm eating everything in sight. Since I'm sick, I'm not working out. I hate this cycle. It happens far too often, but I don't know how to fix it. I think the phrase suck it up might be appropriate, but in another way I think I need to actually deal with this at some point. Again, I just don't know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment